While everyone is sitting at home due to the Coronavirus pandemic, not many people are affected by the consequences of the disease but children. Captivating these students’ free minds in the home has forced them to capture their imagination, but it can be a different way if the children take up the advice of one of the best CBSE schools in Bhubaneswar and try to do these 10 things to stay engaged in their free time at home during the pandemic:
1. Help parents in gardening: Gardening is a great way to stay physically active and also very close to nature. Children who take an interest in gardening feel centered and have a more balanced opinion about life. While it can be a little too dirty to get covered in the soil and compost while setting up a plant, it is also a very fulfilling experience to be taking care of something of your own.
2. Try to learn painting: Go crazy with the infinite colours nature has to offer. It can be a hobby if the child wants, but if you get really good in the art of painting, it will amaze you in the long run whenever you draw or paint something when you are low. Also, painting is a form of expression, thus parents should push their children to paint their heart out if they don’t like to communicate as much.
3. Spend time with family: We usually don’t get much time to spend with our families, and COVID-19 lockdown has allowed us to stay close to them and share a different kind of space with them. As one of the Top 10 CBSE schools in Bhubaneswar, we suggest that the idea of spending time with your parents can bring the family closer and will help understand who they are becoming and learn to value each other.
4. Build a family tree with the help of your parents: It is a great opportunity to learn who is who, and the history of your family. Call every relative, cousin, uncle and aunty to ask for their photo and build a family tree with it.
5. Watch Good cinema: It is never too late to start watching good cinema. There are a lot of great movies and shows that have been written, produced and released for the world to consume, and now is the time for you to dive into some good cinema. Watch- The Lunchbox, Piku, October and other such movies. You can watch movies from different countries as they show the richness of their culture and choice.
6. Read. Read. Read: There is nothing better than diving into a pool of good books. Pick up any book of your favourite genre and read it all. As the best CBSE schools in Bhubaneswar for 11th and 12th, we believe that it will not just improve your cognitive memory but also improve your grammar, vocabulary and confidence.
7. Practice Yoga: Detoxification is the key to a healthy body and mind. Practice yoga or any other physical activity to stay active during the pandemic lockdown as it will keep you happy and occupied, and also keep your body immune.
8. Try to learn a language: YouTube has made everything available, and if not that there are plenty of websites that offer language learning courses. You can always learn a language, but now that you have time- it is even easier to learn and practice at your own comfort and pace. Further, as the best English medium school in Bhubaneswar, we believe that learning more than 1 language can help children in the long run for if any international opportunity comes in- knowing the language will put him in the first place in the race.
9. Play In-door games with siblings: Bond with your sibling. The time never stops and as you grow old, the chances of getting apart increase as you move into your lives. As an elder sibling, it is up to you to make your younger sibling comfortable and welcomed in your presence and playing games together will help you to build that bridge.
10.Maintain your journal: As the best residential school in Bhubaneswar, we understand that sometimes it may feel lonely even when in the company of good people, so we suggest that you maintain your journal. It will help you get through these unprecedented times, and also help you grow into a more mature and a wiser person.